Registering is the first step to voting. You can check your registration status, update your registration, or register for the first time using the resources below.
Who Can Register to Vote
Requirements for registering to vote in Mercer County
- You’re a U.S. citizen
- I am a legal resident of W.V. and of the county where I am applying.
- I am at least 17 years of age and will be 18 on or before the next general election.
- I am not currently under conviction, probation or parole for election bribery, treason, or any felony
- I have not been judged incompetent by a court of competent jurisdiction.
When Should I Update My Registration
When to update my registration:
- You move
- You change your name
- You change your political party preference
- You haven’t voted in the past four years
The process to update is the same as the process to register to vote. You can update registration online or by mail.